ReCreate are proud to announce our new project ‘Heads Up’ 2016. This exciting programme aims to demonstrate the benefits of creativity through the reuse of our materials in 18 inclusive educational settings. These will include pre-school, primary, post-primary and community groups with a focus on those catering for special needs children, youths or adults.
‘Heads UP’ has been developed in response to the very successful ‘ReCreate Revolution’ programme that we implemented in 2015 – see HERE
However this year the project adopts a short term ‘artist in residence’ model allowing for extended opportunities for active learning through the visual arts and creative reuse. New collaborations between ReCreate, artists, participants, teachers, carers and parents will evolve greatly increasing the impact of creativity and Creative Reuse.
Throughout the Heads Up Campaign the ReCreate team will be gathering photos, comments and memorable moments which will all be put together to make a unique publication for everyone to see. This publication will highlight how by working creatively together with ReCreate’s diverse range of materials new avenues of communication and creative practice can be achieved, improving the development and wellbeing of all involved.
We are inviting you to apply for the opportunity to be a part of this ground breaking campaign. “Heads Up” will be a fresh, fun addition to whichever lucky settings are chosen and we can’t wait to get started.
This project will take place between March and October of this year.
Criteria for applying
• Located in the Leinster area
• Consent from relevant parties in relation to the photographing, documenting and publishing of the process must be given before the project begins
• Those selected must commit to 16 hours contact time with the artist in your class or setting
• The artist will only work with one group throughout the 16 hours
• Two of the 16 hours may be used by the teachers, carers or parents for up-skilling and creative development workshops
If you and your group are interested in taking part in our ‘Heads Up’ project please contact firstname.lastname@example.org