8 Reasons Why A ReCreate Membership Can Help Your School
The start of the school year isn’t just hectic for families trying to organise uniforms, books and school bags for their children, it’s also quite a busy time for teachers also. At ReCreate we can help with some of that, so we’ve compiled a list of 8 reasons why a ReCreate membership can benefit your school. Our materials can be used across the whole primary curriculum, and a once off membership fee will allow the staff of the school unlimited access to our warehouse throughout the duration of the membership.
Have a look at the list below:
- Aistear & Siolta – Aistear is the Early Childhood Curriculum Framework for all children from birth to six years in Ireland. It provides information for adults to help them plan for and provide enjoyable and challenging learning experiences, so that all children can grow and develop as competent and confident learners within loving relationships with others. Aistear describes the types of learning (dispositions, values and attitudes, skills, knowledge, and understanding) that are important for children in their early years and offers ideas and suggestions as to how this learning might be nurtured. The open-ended nature of ReCreate materials compliment the learning experiences offered through Aistear brilliantly, allowing children to express themselves in their own individual and articulate way.
- STEAM- ReCreate materials aren’t just useful for “Art”, our materials can be used across a number of subjects. Our materials can also help teachers to focus on how ideas associated with science, technology, engineering, arts and maths can be introduced into learning environments using a variety of creative approaches. The ReCreate team can also facilitate workshops both in class or at ReCreate, experimenting with Salt Circles, The physics of colour or even colour explosions!
- Junk Art- Looking for that Friday Afternoon activity? Why not pop a couple ReCreate toolkits on the floor and let the children in your class help themselves? Unprescribed or directed, sit back and see what kind of ReCreations are mad during this Junk Art/Free Play Session. We have listened to hundreds of members saying that their inspiration comes from the children. You’ll be amazed at what they can create when they’re allowed to let their imaginations run free.
- Cost Savings- Don’t take this one from us, feel free to ask any member of ReCreate about their cost savings when using ReCreate regularly. From paper & card to desks & chairs or tiles and fabrics, you never know what may come through the door.
- Green Schools- Going for your green flags? Joining ReCreate can go a long way to helping that process! Being a member of ReCreate and incorporating our materials into the classroom encourages children to think creatively about how to reuse and recycle, learn about Biodiversity and also about Sustainability. Taking inspiration from a selection of reuse materials sourced from the Warehouse of Wonders, children will have the opportunity to explore, use their imaginations and most importantly, create!
- Access to the weird & wonderful- The ReCreate team collect materials from over 250 companies across Ireland. These materials are high quality and often won’t be found elsewhere. From our paper and card from Smurfit Kappa, to our wool off-cuts from Avoca, these materials are of the highest standard and are donated to us for creative reuse. Paper & Card from Smurfit Kappa, glass jars from Irish Packaging, fabrics from IKEA and sample books from Kevin Dempsey Design, or tiles from TileStyle. Membership to ReCreate will allow unlimited access to all these amazing materials, providing you with something new on every visit!
- Sustainability- Being a ReCreate member can help sustainability in a couple different ways. Not only does joining ReCreate help the school sustain itself (membership could cost less than a euro per child) but by working with our materials and explaining how they’ve been rescued, this will also help children to understand the importance of sustainability going forward and how we can think differently around what is currently considered “waste”.
- Access to large quantities- Have you ever gone into a shop and seen something really cool that you’d like for your class? The only problem is you’d need 30 of them, and that quickly adds up to quite the expense. Well we can help with this, as membership with ReCreate allows our visitors to take as much material as needed! If you require one for everybody in the audience, or maybe even two or three, that’s no problem at all. At ReCreate we collect from businesses in large quantities so as long as we have the material in stock, this isn’t a problem! What if you needed paper to cover a wall or floor? Not to worry, we collect rolls of paper so you can carry out those larger projects that you always thought about.
Still not convinced? Then why not arrange a visit to our warehouse to take a look at the materials that we have in stock. Our warehouse is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5:30pm, on Saturdays from 09:30-5pm and Sundays from 10-4pm.
For any queries on membership, feel free to contact Kevin in the office on 01-4568798 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Joining ReCreate is easier than ever, you can now sign up through our website by simply clicking here