At ReCreate we collect surplus materials from businesses for use as art, craft, play and educational materials by thousands of groups working with children, young people, the active retired and others.
We collect for free – we’re aiming to re-distribute around 100 tonnes a year locally for creative re-use. We can arrange collections on an ad hoc or on-going basis.
The benefits of donating your company’s unwanted materials include:
- Reduced haulage and disposal costs.
- Free collections in keeping with the needs of your company – there is no charge for what we do. Large quantities are accepted if suitable – up to a van load at a time.
- Supporting children’s development – low value waste materials will be re-used by over 5000 children’s art, education and play projects throughout Ireland. The core of the membership will come from early childhood centres, schools, youth groups, community arts organisations, family resource centres and arts-based initiatives in mental health, disability and disadvantage.
To arrange a collection, please contact the Warehouse on 01 456 8798.
High Demand Materials
We need a wide range of clean, safe, versatile business waste materials – production offcuts and by-products, rejected QC batches, bankrupt and redundant retail stock, and unused raw materials, and packaging materials.
- Card & paper – all types
- Fabric & textiles – rolls, large pieces – any type
- Containers with lids – boxes, pots, & bottles
- Plastic & rubber tubing
- Plastics – sheet Perspex, acetate, Corex etc.
- Foam rubber
- Tubes – card, plastic etc.
- DIY materials
- Wood & timber –interior/planed
- Rope, cord & twine
- Catering disposables (unused)
- Foils & films
- Plastic granules
- CDs & CDRs
- Stationery – all sorts
- Novelty goods
- Packaging materials – unused
- Anything unusual